After completing medical school, Dr. Kim attended Beth Read More Israel Deaconess Medical Center, a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, where he completed his general surgery residency. After his general surgery training, he received a thoracic surgery fellowship at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center where he completed his training in cardiothoracic surgery.
Dr. Kim is currently a surgeon at Houston Methodist Hospital, which he joined to bring his expertise in minimally invasive thoracic surgery and thoracic surgical oncology. In addition, he has been appointed as Assistant Professor of Surgery at Weill Cornell Medical College, Assistant Member of the Houston Methodist Hospital Research Institute and Adjunct Faculty of Surgery at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
Read more about Dr. Kim Read Less
- Robot assisted minimally invasive thoracic surgery
- Esophageal cancer
- Lung cancer
- Suspicious lung nodule
- Hiatal hernia
- Gastroesopahgeal reflux disease
- Mediastinal mass
- Diaphragm paralysis
- Pectus excavatum
- Rib fractures
Accepted Insurance Plans
American Board of Thoracic Surgery
John Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Md. | 2003
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center | 2004
General Surgery | Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Mass. | 2008
Thoracic surgery | University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas
- Houston Methodist Hospital
- Houston Methodist Lynda K. & David M. Underwood Center for Digestive Disorders
- Houston Methodist Cancer Center
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make an appointment with Dr. Min Kim online?Yes, you can schedule an appointment with Dr. Min Kim by visiting this page.
What insurance does Dr. Min Kim accept?See the insurance that Dr. Min Kim accepts here.
Where is Dr. Min Kim located?Dr. Min Kim's office is located in Smith Tower, 6550 Fannin St., Ste 1501, Houston, TX 77030
What languages do Dr. Min Kim and/or staff speak?Dr. Min Kim and/or office staff speak English and Korean
Patient Ratings & Comments
- 4.9 Provider discussed treatment options
- 4.9 Provider showed concern
- 4.9 Give easy to understand instruction
- 4.9 Provider expl in way you understand
- 4.9 Provider listen carefully to you
- 4.9 Provider explained things clearly
- 4.8 Know important info medical history
- 4.9 Provider included you in decisions
- 5 Show respect for what you say
- 4.9 Spend enough time with you
- 4.9 Likelihood of recommending this provider
- 4.8 Rate provider 0-10
Comments also are gathered from our Patient Satisfaction Survey and displayed in their entirety. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
It was very pleasent
This practice gave me hope when I had none. I'm already feeling better
I feel I couldn't be in better care
Sarah is definitely in the right profession. She shows genuine care and concern for us
Sarah, Leo, and Dr. Kim each saw me within minutes of each other performing their patient duties
Sarah couldn't have been more nice and professional with helping with directions and scheduling appts.
I am raw html block.
Click edit button to change this html